We will not use personal information for any purpose that is not reasonably needed for the proper or effective operation of the service. Personal information may be accessed by and exchanged with staff educating and caring for a child or by administrative staff.
We do not disclose your personal information to others unless you would have reasonably expected us to do this or we have your consent. For example, personal information may be disclosed to:
- Emergency service personnel where this is necessary to provide medical treatment in an emergency
- Special needs educators or inclusion support agencies
- Volunteers, trainees and work experience students (with consent)
- Trainers or presenters if children participate in special learning activities
- Organisations related to the Service (eg other Services)
- Another Service to which a child is transferring where you have consented to the transfer.
- The new operator of the Service if we sell our business and you have consented to the transfer of enrolment and other documents listed in Regulation 177 of the National Education and Care Regulations.
We may disclose personal information where we are permitted or obliged to do so by an Australian law. For example, personal information may be disclosed to:
- Authorised officers when our service is assessed and rated under the National Education and Care Law and Regulations
- Government employees (eg: for CCS, Immunisation, Medicare purposes)
- Software companies that provide child care management systems
- Management companies we may engage to administer the Service
- Software companies that provide computer based educational tools which use a child’s personal information.
- Lawyers in relation to a legal claim
- Officers carrying out an external dispute resolution process
- A debt collection company we use to recover outstanding fees
- React to unlawful activity, serious misconduct, or to reduce or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety. We are obliged to cooperate with law enforcement bodies in some circumstances.